Fly-lining live baits. Catching big fish on small leverdrags. Lever Drags tend to have more power in the drag system because their washers are so much larger.
With Talica 2-Speeds we set out to break the mold. We wanted to make a 2-Speed Leverdrag that could underhand a sardine 40 feet to the chum line with ease. We also wanted to increase the fishable drag capabilities of a small diameter reel to fish with heavy PowerPro and short Fluorocarbon top shots that anglers are using to land huge fish.
We also know, from our successes with HEG (High Efficiency Gearing) in our Star Drag reels, that we could make the ultimate 2-Speed: one with fast line pickup compared to traditional 2-speeds but with unbelievable crank power in either gear ratio. So when you drop it into low on a circling Tuna at deep color, instead of gaining a couple inches, you are gaining around 2 feet.
• Compact, High Speed, Castable Lever Drag, with High Capacity.
• E.I. Surface Treatment for extreme corrosion protection.
• 2 year warranty with online registration.
• One-Piece Cold Forged and Machined Aluminum Frame with E.I.
• Machined Aluminum Handle-Side Sideplate with E.I.
• Cold Forged Machined Aluminum Spool with E.I.
• Lightweight Spool with Greaseless Support Bearings for excellent live-bait castability.
• Topless Design.
• Oversized Carbon Drag Washers for Ultra-High Drag Pressures.
• Waterproof Drag (when engaged).
• Silent Twin-Pawl Anti-Reverse.
• Ergonomic Power Handle.
• Ratcheting Drag Lever.
• Preset Knob with Click.
• 2-Speed HEG (High Efficiency Gearing).
• S A-RB (Shielded A-RB Ball Bearings).
• Aluminum Rod Clamp.
• Approved for use in Saltwater.
• Rated for use with Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines.